Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Litigation is the process used to resolve legal disputes, whether this is between two or more persons or between an individual and a private company or a public body and should you ever find yourself embroiled in a dispute then we can offer you the advice and assistance that you need in making or defending a claim either through negotiation or use of the courts.
In the main, most of these disputes involve money in the form of compensation or require another party to take or not take a specific action. In Civil Litigation cases, this compensation or specific action takes the place of criminal proceedings.
Disputes can happen for many different reasons and often unexpectedly; you may have to deal with a contractual dispute, a professional negligence matter or a dispute over a property to name but a few. Whatever the problem we understand that disputes can cause great distress and concern to those involved and we aim to make the dispute resolution process as simple and straightforward as possible for you. We will negotiate on your behalf, issue or respond to proceedings and if the need arises we will vigorously pursue proceedings through the courts for you.
Whether you are a claimant or defendant, no case is too big or too small and we are here to guide you every step of the way, providing clear and practical legal advice and ensuring you receive a service tailored to meet your specific needs.
Our Civil Litigation services include –
- Contract disputes
- Consumer rights
- Disputes relating to the sale of goods
- Compensation claims against Public Authorities
- Professional negligence claims
- Breach of confidence
- Insurance litigation including coverage issues and policy matters
- Wills, probate and trust disputes
- Pensions litigation
- Flight delay and cancellation claims
- Intellectual property rights (copyright law)
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Property, land or boundary disputes
- Neighbour disputes
- Nuisance proceedings
- Debt recovery and enforcement procedures
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
Personal injury claims